Grant L. Cartwright
Grant L. Cartwright focuses on corporate reorganizations, creditors' rights issues and litigation arising in the context of bankruptcy cases. Mr. Cartwright is experienced in representing debtors, creditors' committees, and trade creditors in complex Chapter 11 reorganizations in various bankruptcy courts. He also has experience litigating complex commercial disputes in the Delaware Court of Chancery and Delaware Superior Court.
He is also on the Pro Bono Honor Roll at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Arizona.
Mr. Cartwright participated in representing the following Chapter 11 debtors;
- Barzel Industries, Inc.
- BNA Subsidiaries LLC
- Cadence Innovation LLC
- Frank Parsons, Inc.
- MD Homes, LLC
- Neighborhood Interfaith Movement, Inc.
- R&G Food Services, Inc.
Mr. Cartwright participated in representing the official committee of unsecured creditors for The Merit Group, Inc.
- Judicial clerk, Hon. Kevin J. Carey, Christopher S. Sontchi and Mary F. Walrath, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, 2010-2011
- Judicial extern, Hon. Sandra J. Feuerstein, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2005
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Special Projects Leader, Unsecured Trade Creditors' Committee
- Delaware State Bar Association
- “Section 366(c) Does Not Require DIPs to Satisfy Adequate Assurance Demands of Utilities,” ABI Journal, Vol. XXX, No. 1, February 2012
- “CMBS Certificate Holders Denied Standing in Innkeepers,” the Bankruptcy Strategist, Vol. 28, No. 9, July 2011
- “Creditors Derivative Standing on Shaky Grounds with LLCs,” ABI Committee News, Secured Credit Committee, Vol. 8, No. 2, March 2011
- “Non-Statutory Insiders under Bankruptcy Code § 101(31): An ‘Arm's Length' Test Is Not a Proper Test,” 18 J. Bankr. L. & Prac. 1 Art. 7, January 2009
- “The Scope of the Tax Exemption under § 1146(a) – Florida Department of Revenue v. Picadilly Cafeterias, Inc.,” 17 J. Bankr. L. & Prac. 4 Art. 6, July 2008
- Mentor, Phoenix Collegiate Academy
- St. John's University School of Law (LL.M. 2010, Bankruptcy)
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D. 2007)
- University of California, Riverside (B.S. 2001)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court of the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York